Eastern North Carolina coleslaw
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Add your shredded cabbage to a large bowl. If you have a food processor, don't forget that some of them have a shredding feature. Use that to shred if you can. Makes things quick.
Add mayonnaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar, yellow mustard, celery seed, salt and black pepper to your bowl and mix with a spoon to combine everything thoroughly.
You shouldn't need any extra salt, but you should taste the slaw to see if it needs anything else at this time.
Store in a container in the refrigerator for up to a week.